What are some of the signs of Domestic Violence?
Some of the following signs may be noticed in a woman who is a victim of domestic violence:
- Chronic complaints of poor health
- Frequent visits to a doctor
- Use of tranquilizers and /or abuse of alcohol and drugs
- A history of suicidal thoughts or actions
- A suspicion of child abuse in her role as mother
- Sleeping difficulties i.e. insomnia, nightmares
- Severe agitation, anxiety or obvious nervousness
- Confused thinking, inability to make decisions, lack of eye contact
- Rigid view of roles of men and women
Taken from the Kingston Interval House Domestic Violence Handout Handbook.
View list of articles