Naomi’s Family Resource Centre (NFRC) is seeking:
Position: Women’s Advocate (WA)
Position Type 1: Casual Employee Position (Available for either Day, Evening or Night Shifts)
Position Type 2: Part Time Night Position, Available Friday, Saturday, Sunday (11pm to 7am Every Second Weekend of the month)
Rate of pay: Base rate: $20.55/hr
Location: Winchester, Ontario
Required: Please include a Cover Letter and two professional references along with your Curriculum Vitae*
Naomi’s Family Resource Centre (NFRC) seeks to end violence in society in all its forms.
Within a safe, secure and confidential emergency shelter, with the support and encouragement of skilled employees and through renewed awareness of their strengths and resources, women and children can establish violence free lives in the community and reach their full human growth potential.
If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of women 16 years and older with or without children who are victims of family violence, want to work for a principled community organization and feel your qualifications meet the requirements as noted below then we want to hear from you.
This challenging opportunity will appeal to a disciplined, responsible and adaptable Social Services Professional who is passionate about ending family violence in all forms and supporting women and children during a difficult time in their lives.
This position is part of the OPSEU Collective Agreement and Employment will be subject to those terms and conditions.
Qualifications & Experience
- You have acquired a post-secondary education in social services (S.S.W.) or a related field and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Violence Against Women (VAW) field.
- You must have a current CRC/VSS clearance and CPR-C First Aid Certificate.
- You are committed to and knowledgeable about community-based models of intervention and feminist principles.
- You are perceptive having a history of intervening successfully in crisis and conflict situations and of managing a crisis line.
- You are known as an effective communicator and as a leader with sound judgment and decision- making abilities.
- You take safety issues seriously and endeavour always to protect those around you as well as yourself.
- You have reliable transportation.
- You are available for weekends and all shifts (Day, Evening and Night).
- Must be Covid-19 Fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination
- Capacity in French is considered an asset.
We appreciate all responses and advise that follow-up phone calls are not necessary. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For External candidates, position posted until filled
If you see this opportunity as an exciting challenge in your social service career path, please send your resume and supporting documents in confidence to: email@example.com.
For more information about Naomi’s Family Resource Centre, log on to www.naomiscentre.ca